Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Names Database

At some point in the past I created an account on Names Database, but I've never really used it. I still get emails from the site, generally with a subject sort of along the lines of "See who's searched for your name!" The emails are sent to my blackberry, making it all too easy to delete them from my phone and my inbox altogether. Today I accidentally opened one and as I was hitting the delete key, I recognized one of the names of people who have searched for me: an ex whom I have not seen or even communicated with in years. Years. And I made a mental note to try and remember my password on the site and delete my account so people stopped looking for me and I stopped getting those emails. Not like people from the past can't find me on a dozen other social media sites (or even here, if they knew what they were looking for, I suppose). And not like anything can ever really be deleted from the interwebs. But anyway...

Virginia is still Virginia. The in-laws are visiting for Thanksgiving next week, and it will be nice to have a house full of people again. We are preparing a big meal, and my work announced a few weeks ago that not only do we have Thanksgiving day off, but also they are letting us off the day after, too. The past few years I have been one of the crazy shoppers on Black Friday..not because I enjoy shopping or crowds or insane people -- I really hate all three. I just hate missing out on a good sale. But then the few things I couldn't find in stores last year I found on amazon at the same price or cheaper. So this year I would be pretty happy if I could get all of my deals from the comfort of my PJs in front of a computer screen and avoid the traffic and the crowds and the lines and the people.

In the Other Exciting News category, the first doctor's appointment is in 13 days! That's all I can say about that right now.

No comments: